Tuesday 7 April 2020

Story behind my name

Hi Friends

My name "Mayukha" is a 3 syllable word pronounced as ma-yu-kha with origin in the Sanskrit language that means "Ray of Light"  OR "Brightness". My mother wanted a traditional name full of positive vibration and yet one that is unique and rare. After researching hundred's of names they finally selected this.

There is also another special reason why my parents chose this name. Both my mom and dad are readers and admirers of good literature, both in English and my mother tongue "Telugu". This name is referenced in one of their favorite songs written by one of their favorite poet/lyricist Sirivennela Seetarama sastry from the movie 'Sirivennela' (1986).

The link to that song that inspired my parents to name me is given below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaLtLiiQu5g&list=RDvaLtLiiQu5g&start_radio=1&t=0

With my parents help am translating few lines where my name appears in the song.

"On the flute of Eastern side and on the strings of morning sun...
becoming the sounds of woken up birds on the stage of blue skies..
when the rythm of that spelt twitter sound has become the initiator of world..
By making it the holy message of universal act"

Like the reference to nature, sun, birds in the above song I am a huge lover of anything and everything related to nature - Trees, birds, plants, sun, rainbow, stars, waterfalls. My blog will focus on pictures, notes, videos taken during my trips celebrating nature.

This is my first blog experience so keep pouring in your views for improvement.

PS:Written with Parental Guidance

6 comments: